Before you order for a domain transfer, there are two settings that must be correct on your domain in order to make the domain transfer successful. Please check the following before submitting a transfer request.
- Email Address: You must check to make sure the email address on your domain is correct and working. Once you start the transfer, the current registrar is going to email this address asking for permission to move the domain. If the email listed isn't your email or doesn't work, you can't respond to this email and the transfer will fail.
- Domain Lock: You must make sure the domain isn't locked. If it is locked, even if you agree to the transfer, the transfer will fail.
- Domain name: We will reject transfer order for domain has left with 15 days to expiration.
For a smoother domain name transfer process, please remember to have the following steps completed prior to initializing the domain transfer:
- Make sure the WHOIS information is up-to-date.
- Make sure you have access to the email address stated in the WHOIS information.
- WHOIS protection must be turned off.
- Confirm the domain is at least 60 days old.
- Confirm that the domain is not within 15 days of expiration as a domain transfer that is interrupted by the domain expiring will not complete.
- Update name servers to the Vastspace's name servers and before you do that, please ensure the DNS zone record are populated prior to initiating transfer.
- Unlock the domain.
- Retrieve the EPP Authorization key from your current registrar.
- For .SG domain, please provide local admin full name, Singapore NRIC number, address with postal code and email address. These are required by VerifiedID@SG is a scheme where the administrative contact of a .SG domain name will login to this portal to verify the identity of the domain name registrant.