Symptom: You cannot access the website hosted at Vastspace but you can access others.
Most likely: Your network IP is blocked by our Firewall.
Why is your IP address blocked by our Firewall?
Everyone on the same network sharing the same IP address will be affected despite it is different computer/ device.
Providers like us have a network mechanism to detect unusual network behaviours. Scanning open ports are the most common problem. Hackers find opened ports to attack a host has software vulnerabilities or loopholes.
We detect this type of scanning activity and block their IP address for a period of time. However, you can be the victim. Your computer and network are used as scanning tool if they are infected with malware/ backdoor.
If this happens, there are a few things that you can help us to determine;
- Use a smartphone or device on a different network, example: LTE or mobile network to confirm your website is working.
- If your website is working on the device on a different network, we can confirm your IP has been blocked for scanning activity.
- At this stage, visit this website https://www.whatismyip.com/ to obtain the public IP address.
- Report your problem and IP address to our support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Scan your computer or devices with latest virus definition. A deep scan is recommended.
This can be applied to email access.